Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Scenting Glee: Part 5

Current Fragrance: Lipstick Rose from Frederic Malle
Currently Listening: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen


Happy Tuesday dear readers! Before this blog gets all glee-ful for one last time, I need to talk ear worms. I bet you can guess one of them from this entries "currently listening".....


I find Carly Rae Jepsen to be completely adorable and totally NOT annoying! (And the object of her affections rib tattoo...sweet baby Jesus in the morning, guys!!!) The dream with the romance novel is hysterical; this coming from a woman who dreams of being a manta ray and is best friends with a sea turtle and a narwhal. Anywho....Call Me Maybe is totally infectious and fun. Don't forget about the Justin Bieber/Selena Gomez/Ashely Tisdale version, the Katy Perry version (I want to be at THAT pool party!), the Harvard Baseball version (I have Call Me Maybe on my iPhone JUST IN CASE I run into one of these guy on the T or maybe at like...Border Cafe...and I can ask them to do the dance, tape it ON my iPhone, ask them what fragrance they wear, and then I can LEGITIMATELY post about it here!), and the SMU rowing version. There. Isn't your world a better place after reading all that? If you hadn't heard of any of that, you're kinda been living under a pop culture rock, and if you're living a pop culture rock you most likely don't enjoy reading my blog, and if you don't enjoy reading my blog...then what the H-E-double hockey sticks are you still doing here!?!?! Aaaaaand I've come full circle. Moving on....back to Glee.

So, tonight it the Season 3 finale. Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Mike, Quinn, Santana & Puck (did I miss anyone?) will be graduating. I've tried to stay away from anything that's talked about the episode (this is difficult for me) because I really do want to be surprised. Yes. I most likely WILL cry. I'm a sap, and I'm OK with admitting such!

Quick recap time....

Part One
Mr. Schue - Acqua Di Gio Pour Homme
Ms. Pillsbury - Jo Malone's Orange Blossom
Rachel Berry - Bond No. 9's Broadway Nite
Finn Hudson - Bond No. 9's I LOVE NEW YORK for Him
Sue Sylvester - Estee Lauder's  Youth Dew

Part Two
Kurt Hummel - Gorilla Perfume's Ladyboy & Tom Ford's Black Violet
Blaine Anderson - Olivier Durbano's Jade & Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather
Quinn Fabray - Miss Dior Cherie
Mercedes Jones - Mugler's Innocent & Angel
Puck - Givenchy's Pi

Part Three
Santana Lopez - Kai
Brittany S. Pierce - Clean

Part Four
Artie Abrams - Demeter's Gin & Tonic
Tina Cohen-Chang - Bulgari Pour Femme
Mike Chang - Bulgari's Black
Sam Evans - Mugler's A*Men

That brings us to part five and our final three to scent: Joe Hart, Sugar Motta, and Rory Flanagan.

Let's start with Joe....

Joe Hart
 I understand that this may come across as a bit of a cop-out, but I really don't think Joe is a fragrance wearing type of guy. I mean, he had to ask Sam last week if "Luke I am your father" was from a movie of something. Now, I'm not going to hold this against Joe. I rather like his character. He was supposed to be the "Jesus Freak" character, but I find him to be endearing. (This is not normally how that sort of thing goes for me.) I would say that with his current attraction to Quinn, he would have started sporting a little spritz of something, but it's pretty early in their "courtship". I guess we'll have to wait for next season to find out where things go and fragrance him accordingly, OR wait until this evening. Moving on....

Sugar Motta
 Oh Sugar! I. LOVE. YOU! I love your deluded confidence, your "self-diagnosed" Aspergers, your crazy a$$ outfits, your blissful ignorance that you in fact aren't the only person that matter, and the fact that you're not afraid to talk about the fact that your Daddy is probably THE most wealthy man in Lima. I mean, who else can afford to rent out BREADSTICKS for Valentine's Day!? (By the way, that's right up there with one of my favorite performances of the season, but not quite. I love the fact that Puck brought an ENTIRE SORORITY as his "date".) Back to Sugar....I'm pretty sure she smells like bubble gum and marshmallows, but really high quality and high price bubble gum and marshmallows. In this case nothing but Love from By Kilian will do! No travel spray or refill bottle will do though, I'm talking the whole 50ml/$225 bottle! Nothings too expensive for our lil' Sugar!


Rory Flanagan
Every time I see Rory on the screen, I just want to pinch his cheeks. He's so damned adorable! I love the mischievous twinkle in his eye. Even though his start at McKinley High was difficult, things seam to be looking up for him. He loves all things American! I'm so happy to see him with Lima's Little Ms. Richie Rich. With a deep love of all things America, I'm pretty sure he brought an almost all the way used bottle of Stetson to the USA with him from Ireland, but Sugar helped him "trade up" and gifted him with Tauer's Lonestar Memories. (Of which I have totally already sang its' praises!)

Enough about perfume, let's talk performances! I have four top/favorite performances of the season...and they are, in no particular order:

1) Puck and Coach Beiste singing Taylor Swift's Mean: I love the idea of Puck and Beiste coming together to sing this. In general Taylor Swift annoys me, but I really like this song and I like Puck and Beist singing it even better. I smiled and teared up the first time I heard it.

2) Vocal Adrenaline featuring Unique singing Nicki Minaj's Starships: There's not other way to slice it: Unique is FUCKING FIERCE! (Words I don't use often....together...OK...fucking..a lot, I try to keep it to a minimum in my blog, fierce...no, don't use it often...for...ummm...personal reasons; I heard it bantered around WAY TOO MUCH during my Boston Conservatory days.) HOWEVER...I must reintegrate: UNIQUE = FUCKING FIERCE! (I mean, she wear Joy!) The arrangement of Starships is actually pretty bad (electronic music doesn't really translate to A Capella) and the dancing is ALMOST farcical (but that's what I think makes it great!)

3) New Directions singing Rihanna's We Found Love: I love EVERYTHING about this, especially any time the camera cuts to Artie, right up until Mr. Schue starts walking on water in a white tux and top hat and then I start rolling my eyes.

4) Blaine & Cooper Anderson singing Duran Duran's Rio/Hungry Like the Wolf: This is just pretty to look at, and I'm not sorry about it! Now, in less Cougarish terms, any time I hear Duran Duran it takes me back to the early 80's listening to B95 in the car and falling in love with pop music. I love the "brotherly competition" in this song, and my favorite Glee club cut-to's (if that's a term) in this are Mercedes playing with her hair and then a stunned look on Santana's face. For more Matt Bomer/Darren Criss fun, you must watch this!

Now it's officially a wrap on my Scenting Glee series. How did I do? Did you think I especially pegged someone scent-wise? Is there anyone you have a strong scent-o-pinion on? What were your favorite performances of the season? Let me know in the comments.

Oh yeah...Ryan Murphy, if you're readying...and I TOTALLY know you are: Next season - let the kids the the band talk. They're people too!!!

*Currently Listening: You Should Be Dancing - Glee Cast Version
**Photo Credits: 1) list-of-glee-episodes.blogspot.com 2&5) glee.wikia.com 3) blog.zap2it.com 4) luckyscent.com 5) tauerperfumes.com



No comments:

Post a Comment