*Currently Listening: Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye
1) Prior Experience: It was released my in 1997; the HS/College transition year for me. Whenever I smell Happy, I immediate think "social Sorority Rush", and then immediately feel the need to dress myself in red and dark green and put on some pearls. I've never worn Happy, but enough people around me did for me to very strongly associate it with a very particular time in my life.
2) Thoughts Now: It's rather difficult for me to objectively talk about perfume that I've got some (older) prior experience with. Well, how objectively can one talk about perfume anyhow? (It's liquid, comes in a bottle, and is sold at stores. Damn! Most boring perfume review....EVER!) I mean, Happy is incredibly aptly named. It's sheer and fleeting. (Much like happiness. Sorry, feeling a tad on the cynical side right now.) I understand why it's so fleeting; tons of citrus, and the base notes aren't the typical kind of "anchoring" base notes. Magnolia and Mimosa is about about as "deep" as it get with Happy.
3) Could I See Myself Wearing This Perfume: Yes. For occasions like the one's I'd wear Daisy for. Those would be outdoor occasions during the summer. I have this feeling that Happy would go well with several reapplications of sunscreen. Plus, if I'm out in the sun that much...trust me, I'll need an olfactory reminder for joy. Save a few choice instances....
5) What Did Al Say: "It smells like perfume. Light perfume. Like something someone would pick when they didn't want to smell perfume-y."
6) What About the Smelling Strip: DAMN IT! I keep forgetting to do that!
Before you go, please direct your Internet browsers to my post from yesterday. I cleaned my bookshelf earlier in the week and am getting rid of quite a few all the while trying to raise some money for the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation. Books are going for $5 with $4 shipping per order. Seriously check it out! If you want to just make a donation, you can do that as well. Please feel free to forward this link along to anyone who you think may be interested.
*Currently Listening: Dance (A$$) Big Sean feat Nicki Minaj
**Photo Credits: 1) thescentsofself.com and 2) efashionplus.com