Monday, May 14, 2012

I'M 100 POSTS YOUNG!!!

*Current Fragrance: Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian
*Currently Listening: I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You by Black Kids

NO DISASSEMBLE CHARLIE NO. 5 IS 100 POSTS YOUNG TODAY!!!!!! Kermit has something to say about that, guys....


This blog has been such a joy for me to write. Writing to write has just been so much fun, and I really do think that this blog sounds like me! I get to talk about and explore fragrance (there's SO MUCH OUT there to explore, I'm really just a BABY in the fragrance scheme of things), have a little bit of "type-therapy", tell you crazy stories about my life (esp. Harley and Ezra kitties), give my friends fun nick-names for my blog entries, and meet some (on line now, but hopefully in person on day) really interesting and wonderful people in the perfume blogging community.

For my 100th post, I'm going to spending a little time talking about some of my favorite things that have happened fragrance and blog related since I started No Disassemble Charlie No. 5!

*Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens...* You've just got a song for EVERYTHING, don't you?
Favorite New Perfumes Sniffed: Easily Liaisons Dangereuses from By Kilian and Une Rose Vermeille by Andy Tauer. I now own both of these! LD, according to my mother, smells like something my Great Grandmother would have worn, and I'm supposed to be JUST like her. The sparking aldehyde-esque hit at the top of URV conjures up girlhood memories of my mother spritzing Charlie, after that....CLEARLY I'm a sucker for jammy roses.

Favorite Posts Written: There's three of them - 1) Scenting Mad Men and the subsequent (and MUCH needed) RE-SCENTING Mad Men's Megan Calvet Draper. Mad Men is BY FAR my favorite show on television right now, and it was a joy to fragrance all these characters I feel so strongly about. 2) Happiness & Light (Escada's Sexy Graffiti); no post I've penned says "AWWWWW" quite like this one. 3) My Valentine's Day Guide for this year. I was feeling particularly snarky that day! I mean how many posts can I get away with talking about Carnal Flower and fragrances that smell of jizz and Mary Jane (but not together)?

Favorite Thing I've Been Called (Fragrance Related): James (of Bartles and James fame) called me her "Olfactory Svengali".

Favorite Fragrance Gifts I've Received: Al's Christmastime bottle of Escada's Sexy Graffiti (which was the perfume he gave me on and that I wore for our wedding day) it will ALWAYS smell like happiness and light to me. Also, D.F.'s Christmas gift of Histoires de Parfums 1889 Moulin Rouge! My advice on this one ladies and 'gents? Wear this one with intent, if you know what I mean....

Favorite Fragrance Gift I've Given: The Eau Duelle that I got Al for Valentine's Day. I love the comforting vanilla mixed with cool herbs and spices. This scent really likes his skin and lasts all day. He likes it because he says he smells like a walking humidor minus the smoke. I purchased this at the BEAUTIFULLY appointed Bleecker St. Diptyque store on NYC. It's the prettiest place I've even shopped for perfume. Dare I say even prettier than Aedes? (I think it's the fact that Diptyque has much more natural light!)

Favorite Spritzing Discovery: I normally spritz my fragrances (unless they are ESPECIALLY strong) at the back of my neck, each of my forearms, very top of my cleavage and on the tops of my feet. Not too long ago, I was drifting off into thought and accidentally spritzed some Liaisons Dangereuses in the fold opposite my elbow rather than on my forearm. The results were very interesting. Never before had I smelled the evocation of pleasures of the flesh in LD. On me, it is normally nice and nostalgic. Playful yet refined. In the crease of my elbow, the skank came out - but only the THE MOST delightful way!

Currently Lusting After Full Bottles Of: Diptyque's L'Ombre dans l'Eau, Frederic Malle's Le Parfum de Thérèse and Olivier Durbano's Jade.

Fragrance Resolutions: Sniff more vintage and natural perfumes.

The perfume blogging community really is a lovely place and there seams to be a niche for everyone's particular voice, point of view and writing style. Just a few shout-outs:

Favorite Trans-Atlantic-Perfume-Mule Perfume Blogger: Thomas of The Candy Perfume Boy

Favorite Sample-Sending Perfume Blogger: Ari of Scents of Self

Favorite Perfume Blog For Unexpected Finds: Victoria of EauMG (She turned my on to Olivier Durbano.)

No Disassemble Charlie No. 5 has two new contributors that I'd like to introduce today, but I need your help naming them dear readers.....

Right now, I'm calling them Thing 1 & Thing 2.
I recently moved all of my perfumes from a drawer in my vanity to the top drawer of my Ikea-closet-thing. I got these guys because 1) I remember having them as a kid, 2) sitting at Panera by myself playing with them on my fingers was HYSTERICAL and 3) I need SOMETHING or SOMEONE to protect my perfumes from the nargles. Don't worry, I'll be going to get my turnip earrings tomorrow...

Anyhow...all that time they sit there guarding my precious perfumes, they're developed some sniff-opinions and want their voices heard. Here's a little more into before you go naming them:

Thing 1 is a big fan of niche perfumes, his favorite scent in my stash is Une Rose Vermeille.

Thing 2 is more of a mainstream kind of lad, with his favorite scent being J'adore. (He also likes to act as the cap from time to time as Ezra has hidden it from me for about a year and a 1/2.)
That all being said, it's been awhile since I've done a giveaway. Up for grabs are a sample of Liaisons Dangereuses and Une Rose Vermeille. Winners will be chosen at random and the drawing will close at 8pm this Thursday. To enter...it's easy...just comment. Come up with names for Thing 1 and Thing 2, tell me how wonderful both myself and my blog is (only slightly kidding), suggest things you'd like to see in the future, tell me what's really working on No Disassemble Charlie No. 5, share your scent of the day, share what you're having for lunch, share how you take you coffee...just comment!

Finally, what celebration would be complete with out a good ol' dance party!? I leave you with Nicki Minaj's Starships. Wise words Ms. Minaj! Well...except not paying your rent and I suggest finding a better beer than Bud Light....



*Currently Listening: Partie Traumatic by Black Kids
**Photo Credits: 1) creativepinkdesigns.blogspot.com 2) utah.todaysmama.com 3-5) my own

No comments:

Post a Comment