Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You Spritz Your Best Self In....

*Current Fragrance: Une Rose Vermeille from Tauer Perfumes
*Currently Listening: White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

....you spritz your best self out / you spritz your best self in / and you waft if all about / you do the Hokey Pokey and you waft yourself around / that's what it's all about...


 I thought about titling this post "Perfume That Makes You Feel Put Together" or "Perfumes to Put Your Best Self Forward" or "Fragrance For Nixing Social Anxiety" but no; I go with a Hokey Pokey pun. (Say THAT five times fast!) Perhaps it is a bit strange to blog about being a bit nervous about going to a blogging event, but oh well. Even though I am a pretty social person, I do deal with a smidge of social anxiety. Most of the time I just internalize it all and you'd never know it's going on. (I know...TOTALLY healthy, right!?!?) Well, except for today when the anxiety is manifesting itself in my bloggy ramblings.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to my first Boston Bloggers event. I'm actually very excited about it. OK, very anxiously excited about it. From what I can gather, it's a cocktail-y thing that will last a grand total of two hours. There are several facets of tomorrow that are swirling around in my head, but one is of the utmost importance: what perfume will I wear? (Hello...I'm a perfume blogger after all!)

I really want something that means something to me, says "me", and also "plays nice" in crowded social situations.  It would be great if other people noticed and loved it , but - as most of my perfume wearing is - way more about me than anyone else!

I'm leaning heavily towards my beloved Liaisons Dangereuses from By Kilian. It's sweet but not cloying, present with good tenacity but not - despite its name - a screamer (of the silage variety), and it really MEANS something to me. I'll be able fragrantly channel my Great Grandmother Wiltz, who is supposedly my Genetically Linked Soul Sister. The woman could pull off a fur pill box hat in the middle of July in sweltering SETX. With her conjured fragrance linked juju, I should be able deal with ANY situation. 

I should note that even though I do have some slight social anxiety, I'm not a complete pussy. I think it's really the fear of the unknown. Once I'm there, and realize that people aren't pointing and laughing at me from the moment I step in the joint, I'm TOTALLY fine!

What perfume(s) do you reach for when you need to put a little more pep in your step, or an extra shot of self confidence in your ego espresso? What fragrances make you feel like your most fabulous self? Let me know in the comments!

*Currently Listening: Somebody to Love by Jefferson Airplane
**Photo credit: http://media.photobucket.com

1 comment: