Monday, June 11, 2012

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things"

*Current Fragrance: Pure Grace by Philosophy
*Currently Listening: Tongue Tied by Grouplove

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Since I normally work on the weekend, I'm pretty lazy on Monday if I have it off as well. Today I've been feeling extra lazy:

1) I'm saving my strength as I'm going to have raw oysters and other shenanigans tonight with DF and most likely NNA. (We'll I'll be having raw oysters, they can have whatever they want! Oh, the salt water in my veins is coursing strongly!)

 2) Saturday I pulled a muscle in my back, which meant no work. I would have spent the day barking at the very people that make my job possible. So I spent the day home on the couch hoped up on Tylenol with codeine, ate way too many cherry Italian ices (the only thing that sounded good), and watched a two hour documentary on Jimmy Carter, then Spice World, then Dirty Dancing. The husband was nice and got the heck out of my way, and spent the day playing in a Poker Tournament at Mohegan Sun. He returned with a Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar for my back and Godiva truffles for my tummy! (Complete with two of my ABSOLUTE favorite - key lime!)

The Musical Monday post I planned on writing today would have rounded out my Perfuming the Post series and wold have been HIGHLY emotional for me to write - which would have entailed tears on my part, and I just wasn't in to it today. Instead, I'm going to lead you to today's post on Scents of Self: The Definitive Guide to Perfume Bloggers' Cats. I think my "kids" are in very good company! :-) Ezra just meowed at me, asking if we could get him an agent. SHEESH!

Something else that's REALLY not perfume related. I'm going to an abnormal amount of concerts this summer. (For the purpose of this, "summer" ends when September does. I'm super stoked about them! They are, in order of them happening....
1) Reel Big Fish / Goldfinger
2) Scissor Sisters
3) James Taylor
4) Madonna
5) Dropkick Murphys

So, dear readers...any summer concerts you're attending? I guess I'll need to start thinking about what perfume to wear to all of these. Any suggestions? Please leave them for me in the comments!

I leave you with this video in honor of the oyster devouring I'll be tonight....


*Currently Listening: Iesha by Another Bad Creation

3 comments:

  1. well something boozy for the Dropkick Murphys! ;)

    No concerts for me - I'm kinda too old for that anymore. The last 'concert' I went to was to see the most bestest sister group in the world - First Aid Kit - a coupla years ago at a small venue.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah...Dropkick Murphy's is in late September, so I'll be able to get away w/ something a bit heavier.

    I'll have to check out First Aid Kit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE congratulations to you! see more. Brazilian Blowout

    ReplyDelete