Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Summer Lovin' / Kiss Today Goodbye

*Current Fragrance: Liaisons Dangereuses from By Kilian
*Currently Listening: New by No Doubt


Summer ended and Fall began this Saturday. Now, normally...I'm more than happy to kick the heat and humidity that Summer brings to the curb; but this was one of the best summers I had in recent memory. Celebrated my 10th Wedding Anniversary, got to meet my new niece, several friendships became infinitely stronger, I saw a sh&t ton of awesome concerts (Scissor Sisters was BY FAR the best), I got to kick my lame ass gallbladder to the curb, and overall continue to feel happy with myself in my own skin. (Oh, and I bought a pair a blue jeans. I'm not a pants/jeans kinda girl. So...first pair in 10 years...BIG F$CKING DEAL!)

I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the fragrances that really made my summer. Coincidentally, I decided to "kiss today goodbye" with my favorite violet kissed, flirty banana: Gorilla Perfume's Ladyboy. It was my scent of the day on Saturday and definitely as my review of it says...Strange Flirting indeed.

Counting Ladyboy as one, I wanted to go ahead and round out a top five of my summer. I think it's really good to look back and reflect on all facets of life, albeit just for a bit. Fragrance is so wrapped up in the emotional fabric of my life, it's a great way to take stock of where my soul has been.

2) Escada's Sexy Graffiti: The sheer, delightful raspberry can't help remind me of my wedding and was lovely to wear around my 10th wedding anniversary. It truly is happiness and light in a bottle for me!

3) Liaisons Dangereuses from By Kilian: Oh my beloved, beloved Liaisons Dangereuses! This will, without a doubt, be my fragrance of the year. I mean, I discovered it on New Years Day!!! It just feels so at home on my skin, but in the mega heat, it does something kinda amazing on my skin: it gets kinda skanky, but by no means in a "get thee to the free clinic" sort of way. It's the nice girl "gone rogue" (OH GOD I'M SO SORRY, NOW YOU'RE PROLLY THINKING OF SARAH PALIN! THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT MY INTENT, SORRY!!!!!) She's the woman that something about the summer heat switches her "on", and she has quite a bit more swagger than normal.

4) L'Ombre dans l'Eau from Diptque: My favorite berry with a backbone. Totally juicy, yet totally verdant! I had been nursing a small decant of this for the majority of the summer and Al decided to get my the big bottle as my anniversary gift.

5) Pentachord Verdant from Andy Tauer: This was my surprise "love at first sniff" of the summer! It's total Disney animated greenery and has some wicked staying power on me. Every time I stpritz it on though, I can't help but wonder, "What ever DID happen to Price Eric?"

So there my "top five" of the summer, for what it's worth. Did you spritz any of these this summer? What did you spritz on a regular basis this summer and where does the memory of that scent take you? Share in the comments.

 *Currently Listening: Sunday Morning by No Doubt
**Photo Credit: bloglovin.com

1 comment: