Thursday, August 1, 2013

Running Playlist

Hello lovely readers! My apologies for my absence of late. Between my actual vacation, my mom and my sister visiting for ten days, and my bit of a hectic return to work....well, No Disassemble Charlie No. 5 had to take a little time on the back burner. Never fear...we're back!!!!


Something's fun on the horizon: The Chestnut Hill Reservoir 5k will be here in a mere fifteen days. I'm pretty excited about this race! I can walk to it from my house, as it is at the reservoir where I always run. It's a absolutely GORGEOUS place to run!! That being said, I really don't LIKE to run. I am learning to LOVE to run though...if that makes any sense. I love when I get to the point when my mind goes blank, I love that I'm doing that LAST possible form of exercise I'd EVER thought I'd be doing. That being said, how do I bridge the gab from "like" to "love"? Very simple: MUSIC!

Here's my list, that keeps me going....in no particular order.

1) You Can Do It by Ice Cube

2) Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce'

3) Draw a Crowd by Ben Folds Five

4) Extraordinary by Liz Phair

5) Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry

6) Mama Said Knock You Out by LL Cool J

7) Survivor by Destiny's Child

8) Thunderstruck by AC/DC

9) Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leopard

10) Do It Anyway by Ben Folds Five

11) Free Your Mind by En Vogue

12) Starships by Nicki Minaj

13) Land of 1000 Dances by Wilson Pickett

14) It's My Life by No Doubt

15) Titanium by David Guetta & Sia

16) Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

17) Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson

18) Comfortably Numb by Scissor Sisters

19) Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

20) Epic by Faith No More

21) Come Around by M.I.A. feat Timbaland

22) Riot Rhythm by Sleigh Bells

23) Soul Man by The Blues Brothers

24) Hall of Fame by The Script

25) Ducky Done Gun by M.I.A.

26) Lose Yourself by Eminem

27) Show Me How You Burlesque by Christina Aguilera

28) Infinity Guitars by Sleigh Bells

29) Breakin' Dishes by Rihanna

30) How You Like Me Now by The Heavy

31) This is the New Year by A Great Big World

32) A/B Machines by Sleigh Bells

33) Boyz by M.I.A.

34) Army by Ben Folds Five

35) Bang Bang by will.i.am

36) 99 Problems by Jay-Z

37) Fighter by Christina Aguilera

38) It's Time by Imagine Dragons

39) The New Workout Plan by Kayne West

40) It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N Roll) by AC/DC

41) Vanity by Christina Aguilera

42) Can't Hold Us Down by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

43) On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons

44) Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke

45) The State of Massachusetts by Dropkick Murphys

46) For Boston by Dropkick Murphys

47) Bulls On Parade by Rage Against the Machine

48) Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

49) Tell 'Em by Sleigh Bells

50) Girl on Fire (Inferno Version) by Alicia Keys feat. Nicki Minaj

51) Hearts On Fire by John Cafferty

52) Fly by Nicki Minaj & Rihanna

53) I Love It by Icona Pop

54) A Little Party Never Killed Nobody by Fergie


That's it folks!!! Does my list line up with any of yours? Is there anything awesome I'm missing? Anything you're stealing from me? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I have not been able to progress past hate to run and just wishing for it all to be over with yet. I have Titanium on my list. That is the first "pop" song I heard when we got here last summer- it was pretty popular and on constant replay on the radio. So, it reminds me of the excitement of arriving in a new country not sure what lay ahead. I forgot about Pour some Sugar On Me.. I think I will have to steal that one- good memories with that one. I have a lot of Zumba songs on my playlist because they make me want to dance, which distracts me from the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed "Because We Can" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. It's got a grat beat that gets me to ramp back up instead of slowing down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not quite sure why I haven't seen before, your blog is amazing.
    Brazilian Blowout Serum

    ReplyDelete